Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MILAN FASHION WEEK : Dolce and Gabbana SS13

 It was easy to fall in love with Dolce and Gabbana's new collection - it had me written all over it! I love my bright colors and my also love a strong graphic print like this. So this one was a winner! I was surprised when I logged on to view other reviews as well as my own and I found that people found it predictable! Now I will admit that there are bits in here which we have seen in other collections  and elements that have cropped up even from last summer - but its so cute!
 These are recessionary times and can you blame or fault a designer if he or she has a formula that sells?  I'm guessing not! Dolce and Gabbana and I have a strange past - I alternate season by season from falling in love with them to not being pushed by other seasons. I am not a fan of the overly sexy design or the corset which forms the backbone of what they are about. I am however a fan of brightly colored pieces and well cut clothing.

 It was also return of the stripes too as the duo paired their bright almost historical printed (!!?!?) tops with the simple stripe - creating a gorgeous clash. They also placed print by print. It is incredibly difficult to do the non color match clash - normally to present a perfect clash - you would need a common color. To do this without - is tricky. But it's been pulled off to perfection!
 Apart from the negative commentary that this is a repeat collection - there were some positive comments in that the collection is very sellable. I have to agree with this, given that there are quite a few to die for pieces and the pencil skirt formula is always a winner. However it was one of their more art, less sell pieces at the end that caught my attention. Yes it is typical D&G with a corset, tiny waist and large skirt but how simple it is and how well it works.  All in all, a good collection but not really pushing it.
TRENDS TO TRY

Bright Colors
Pencil Skirts
Bright prints
Historical prints
head scarves
Beaded earrings
Stripes
Clashing anything you can clash

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar