Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fall Workwear Looks

Thank you to Macy’s & Shopstyle for kindly sponsoring this post.
All opinions are 100% honest & all items were hand-selected by me.

work-friendly fall outfit

I’ve been getting quite a few requests lately for fall workwear looks, so for those who’ve been asking, this post is for you!  But, don’t worry – even if you don’t go to an office each day, I purposely chose polished separates that I think will work for multiple settings & occasions so hopefully you see something you love!

When I’m putting together outfits for these types of posts, I always ask myself the following questions before placing my order: Are these pieces that most women can wear? Are these versatile items that can be re-mixed & worn in different ways?  Do these styles have true staying power?  Especially when it comes to creating a successful work wardrobe, you want to focus on elevated staples that still express your personality, but will also have the longevity you need to last.

I think these two outfits meet that criteria & both of them would work well for the office & beyond.  I did my best to include timeless workhorse pieces & everything you see here is an extra 25% off with code THANKS through October 20th!  Macy’s makes it so easy to shop for business attire because they have an entire section of their site that’s labeled “wear to work“, so you don’t have to take hours trying to locate those items.  I went through all 76 pages & am highlighting my top picks with you below!

DKNY Floral Pleated Skirt

This moto jacket is a great alternative to the classic blazer and, because it’s a woven material (rather than leather), it strikes the perfect balance between edgy & sophisticated.  I found this to run true to size, but if you want to wear a more substantial knit underneath, you may want to size up.  The fabric has a nice amount of stretch to it and I really love the gold accents.  Other chic toppers for the office that you could also wear with jeans on the weekend: this draped jacket (gets great reviews), this colorblocked coatigan, this moto jacket (love the wine hue!), this faux suede jacket & this sweater blazer.

This stretchy knit top is so comfy – it’s like your favorite fitted tee but the puffed shoulders give it a more feminine feel.  Even though it’s very lightweight, it’s not see through at all (I’m wearing a nude bra underneath) and it also comes in black.  It almost looks like a bodysuit, which made it the ideal piece to tuck into this pleated midi skirt.  I love this dark floral print because you can wear it straight into winter with a ribbed turtleneck & opaque tights.  There’s also a matching top you could pair with it, which would give it the look of a fit & flare dress!

Floral pleated midi skirt

Bar III Moto Jacket

Steve Madden Sock Booties

perfect fall midi skirt

Bar III Puff Shoulder Top

What I’m wearing:
c/o Bar III Moto Jacket, c/o Bar III Puff-Shoulder Top,
c/o DKNY Floral Pleated Midi Skirt,
c/o Nine West Quilted Bag, c/o Steve Madden Booties

cable knit sweater

I have always had a hard time finding pants that fit me right off the rack, but these do!  Thanks to the elastic waistband in the back, they are fitted at the waist + the straight leg creates a slimming silhouette without being too snug.  I went by the size chart provided and found it to be accurate, but if you’re curvier through the hips/thighs, you might want to size up (these do have some give to them, but they won’t stretch out with wear).

What I love about this neutral plaid is that it can go with just about any color top you already own like black, camel, wine, navy, rust, emerald, mustard or ivory (there’s also a blazer & skirt in this same print).  I paired it with this cable-knit sweater in the prettiest warm fall hue – this comes in ivory too & is such a great length for wearing with skirts & high-waisted denim.  If you’re on your feet more during the day, I’d swap out the heels for classic flats (love this black croc pair) or comfortable mules (like these or these).

how to style plaid pants for fall

croc bucket bag

fall workwear layering

chic office outfit for fall

classic fall layers

What I’m wearing:
c/o RACHEL Rachel Roy Cable Knit Sweater, c/o Cotton On Shirt,
c/o Bar III Plaid Pants, c/o Lucky Brand Shooties, c/o INC Croc Bucket Bag

MORE WORKWEAR PIECES

The post Fall Workwear Looks appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar